[RC] sweeps & auctions, buying prospects - Nancy Reed

This is a very timely subject for me.   I am looking for a new horse for myself. [No, nothing wrong with Lyric, she has been repossessed by my daughter and they are a team.]  I have looked at all kinds of horses, Varian, Rushcreek, Polish, Egyptian, etc.  My first and most important criterion is conformation.  If the horse has straight legs, good bone, is well but together and moves well, then I look at personality.  Will the horse get along with me, my daughter and Lyric? My new horse will be a part of the family and needs to fit into our happily dysfunctional team.  I do not consider breeding until late in the decision process. It is more important to me that the horse has a sound body and mind than names on a piece of paper.   But that would never stop me from bragging if the horse has good lines J   I guess that is like having your cake and eating it too.  Thank you for the timely subject I really appreciate all the points of view.   Nancy Reed, Lazy J Ranch, Elfin Forest, California