Re: [RC] 'pound dog' mentality for horses? - Cora

Chareadas, was just busted here several months ago for their stuff...never
did hear what happened....Cora
----- Original Message -----
From: "Lynne Glazer" <anyone@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <SandyDSA@xxxxxxx>
Cc: "Ridecamp (E-mail)" <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, September 04, 2004 10:58 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] 'pound dog' mentality for horses?

Can you see the flames from here?  The article is not on their website,
I'll go down the hill and check it out for myself.  It's *against the
law* to trip mares, among other restrictions.  That's what happened to
my Olympia!  Double rope burns on 3 of 4 feet, a wood splinter wedged 1
inch into her chest,  a 5 inch long, one inch wide cut on one knee,
headshy from being chute-loaded and taken to the charreadas...a lot of
rehab was required to make her back into the sane horse she had
formerly been.

I shoot for the Times sometimes, and once I find out the facts, I'm
going to do some sho'nuff hollering if it's indeed true.  It may be
that the charros will be very unhappy to hear that the event that is
against the law was reported on.

The event was called the "mangana" I believe.  Gifted charros can lay
them down without landing them on the point of shoulder, but I am
outraged to hear it both sanctioned and promoted.  The charreadas were
underground for many years after the law was put into effect.

Lynne