[RC] Old friends reunite - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Sheila Larsen Sheila_Larsen@xxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I own two horses, Ibn(gelding) and Splash(mare), where were companions for
about five years.  I needed a new endurance prospect and only have room for two
horses so I found someone who would take Ibn on a free loan.  Ibn is 22 and was
not getting ridden enough nor enough attention. He has both now.

However the other day after beeing apart for about six months,Ibn and Splash
were briefly reunited.  They saw each other and pulled each of us along so they
could say hi to each other.  Their ears were forward, their necks arched.  I
thought they would sniff nose to nose but what they did was interesting.  Their
heads were vertical and they placed their heads next to each other so they went
eye to eye, cheek to cheek and nostril to nostril almost touching.  They must
have been like that for well over a minute, when Splash backed up a few steps,
squealed and struck with a front foot (obviously Ibn told her something that
made her mad LOL) and then they resumed their original position of cheek to
cheek.  They remained like that for quite sometime until I had to leave and
take Splash with me.

It is hard for me to believe that they weren'tcommunicating something.  I just
wish I had had a camera.