[RC] newbie wondering out loud - Tracey Smith

I think people saying a "crazy" or hard to control horse would be a good endurance prospect normally comes from folks with no clue about the sport.

I hate the stereotypes people often have about this or other sports.

 Several of my trail riding buddies told me over the last few months  I should not get into endurance because " they just run the hell out of their horses".

 Funny thing is...those are some of the same people who will leave a horse in the pasture for 2-3 months or more...than go on an all day ride in the middle of July or August (in Texas mind you...not exactly balmy here) and then ride 20 miles or more on this horse, galloping off and playing "cowboy" as often as they can.

I just smile and say "isn't it great how many different horse sports there are" and move on.

Tracey
Lead, Follow, or get out of the way!!!  Happy Trails!!!