RE: [RC] Mucky electrolytes - Jim Holland

In the first place, when you buy those LARGE buckets, don’t use out of the large bucket.  Find you a small container (like a kitchen food container) with a tight lid.  Transfer enough for a ride of two into that and keep the original bucket tightly sealed.

Having it get “crusty” is not harmful, any more than having your sugar bowl get that way.  The problem is measuring and using it.  This happened to me once.  After some experimentation, when I needed to use some, just took out a “chunk” to use, broke it up with a hammer, then ran it through an old coffee grinder.  That gives you a powder, which although a little grainy, dissolves as readily as the normal stuff and you can scoop it the same way.

Jim, Sun of Dimanche+, and Mahada Magic

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Julienne
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2004 12:29 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] Mucky electrolytes

I have a big bucket of Perform 'N Win which lost its lid on a particularly windy day in the back of my truck.  The salt must've absorbed moisture from the air, because all of it is now moist and gunky.. is there still hope to salvage what's left?  I've been leaving it in the sun to dry out and it doesn't seem to be making too much progress.  Should I chuck the bucket (3/4 full, $80!)?

Do you Yahoo!?