[RC] Abu Dhabi Arabian Nights - steph teeter

Just a quick note (we're getting ready for the 3-day High Country ride
this weekend) on the Arabian Nights Ride-

It was a blast! Tons and tons and tons of work, we worked all summer
getting ready for this ride, and it went off beautifully, the gods were
smiling. Perfect weather, the volunteers and FEI staff were fantastic.
Every time I went to do something, I found that it had already been
done. The meals were wonderful. Saturday we had the vetcheck out at a
beautiful historic ranch. Bill Basham (our chef) set out an amazing
banquet on the grass under the huge old Locust trees - salads, meats,
breads.

The horses were awesome, winning time was 7:57 - and the course was
measured entirely with an ATV - this was accurate mileage. I looked at
the BC scores for the top ten horses and they were very good, especially
the hydration scores. There were NO metabolic pulls, amazing for even a
'normal' ride.

Many thanks to all of the volunteers, the smart riders -

And thanks to the sponsor! The sponsorship money from Emirates
International Endurance Village gave us the opportunity to offer nice
awards, and special things for the riders and volunteers. The top awards
(trailer and saddles) were provided by the sponsor. A little scary
having such big awards, but this group of riders was good, responsible,
smart.

More later, lots of thoughts about this ride, the sport, the
sponsorship, ...life.

Steph