[RC] [RC] puppy story - Deanna German

Lisa/Mandi

Lisa wrote:
Howie is just telling us a story. Meant for pure enjoyment. It is not a serious
research article, just Howie's random ( he can go waaay out there) thoughts and
feelings about something he is experiencing right now.

(This is an attempt to reduce the flames, not an attempt to add fuel to the
fire.) Even though I realize Howard's writings were *intended* as
lighthearted, I take the welfare of shelter dogs and rescues pretty
seriously. (No flames! I realize you do too, Lisa, which is part of my shock
that you posted as you did.) when a subject is near and dear to my heart, I
have a hard time being lighthearted about it. I do believe I wished him the
best of luck, and I truly mean it. I even wished him a "zen moment" as an
attempt to reduce the anguish he feels about being kept away from this
animal he feels a connection to. Also, I wasn't the only respondent who
wished to add a touch of factual information to the topic or some helpful
advice.

I realize in reading what I wrote that it might look like I was being
critical of Howard. That wasn't my intention. His story is universal and I
pray that it has a happy ending as they sometimes do. My intention was to
offer suggestions to improve the process, not criticize the man. I thought I
was actually being supportive of his decision to get a Rottie mix by saying
that I've had the pleasure of knowing some very sweet Rotties. I don't think
it's a stretch to assume that I was thinking Timmy could be the offspring of
one of the sweet ones. Or it could be assumed that I was criticizing, I
guess. Your posts make me realize that when the atmosphere of RC gets the
way it is now, it's best just to sit on my hands instead of type because
people seem to get in a mode of assuming that everyone is out to get
someone.

Sometimes it is nice to read stories without all the snip and clip comments.

I apologize, I thought that clipping was an easy way to make it easily
understood who wrote what. I find that so many posts could be made much
clearer and there would actually be fewer email misunderstandings if people
did this more. The story exists in its entirety without my comments if there
are those who choose not to read my comments.

Look, I really don't know what else is going on on RC right now other than
I've read a few posts from authors I like so I've got a sense of the bad
vibes floating around. I don't really read RC much other than to look at
topics I'm interested in and authors whose posts I like to read. I reply
when I think I have something relevant to add. (I'll always stick up for
RM's!) I read RC for information and will say something when I can answer a
question or see something that could be viewed as misinformation (or that is
a criticism of an RM). It honestly never occured to me that I could spoil
someone else's entertainment by an attempt to add to the information pile.

I wish you both peace.

Deanna