[RC] Tall Pines - Silver City, NM - Patti Kuvik

From: WRSINOSKY@xxxxxxx
Subject: [RC]   Tall Pines - Silver City, NM

Is anybody out there going to the Tall Pines ride Sept. 5???  I'm a bit
concerned about the VS which has been in Texas and now filtered into
Colorado and
New Mexico. So far, nobody has been saying anything about it and I'm
wondering
how far west into New Mexico the disease has spread.

Cindy in Buckeye, AZ

Looks like it's mostly central/northern NM, but the APHIS map
http://www.aphis.usda.gov/lpa/issues/vs/vs.html
shows one premise near (east of) Silver City

This is from the AZ state agriculture site:
Please note the following changes to importation of livestock requirements,
effective immediately:

The following statement is required on all health certificates/certificates
of veterinary inspection for all livestock entering Arizona from states
having diagnosed Vesicular Stomatitis.

"The animal(s) represented on this Health Certificate/Certificate of
Veterinary Inspection have not originated from a premises or area under
quarantine for Vesicular Stomatitis. I have examined the animal(s) and have
found no signs of vesicular stomatitis."

Horses' certificates will be valid for only 5 days.

If you have questions, please call the Office of the State Veterinarian,
602-542-4293.

Don't know how this would affect a horse entering/returning just over a
weekend, might want to call the State Vet.
Patti
Vail AZ
A ProMED-mail post
<http://www.promedmail.org>
ProMED-mail, a program of the
International Society for Infectious Diseases
<http://www.isid.org>

In this posting:
[1] New Mexico
[2] Colorado