Re: [RC] shoes impeding circulation-not! - Ag47xAu49

In a message dated 8/30/2004 9:57:35 AM Mountain Daylight Time, Cristiano.Simson@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
The blood is pumped by the increased pressure on the palmar/plantar blood vessels inside the hoof when the horse bears weight on one limb.
The hoof expansion is part of a shock-absorbing mechanism to reduce concussion to the limb structures (bones, cartilages, etc.) That is why we should avoid placing nails or clips on the rear of the shoe.
The two events happen at the same time, but the hoof expansion/contraction is not pumping blood, the increased pressure inside the hoof during weight bearing is.

Cristiano von Simson, DVM
Excellent, another vet. Better free advice/opinions can't be had anywhere that I know of. Beccy in Ut