Re: [RC] Horses!!! stop with the height - heidi

Hey Heidi
This one made it through my filter-- don't know why--- and don't know
why you are writing me--- I haven't posted to you and won't in the
future except to clarify something. I never named you as the DWR but now
 that you are "bringing in the troops" be aware that I have NO ONE else
in your special position. You have sent mean email-- both private and
public to me and a lot of other folks, some of whom have emailed me
about it.

Bette, let's get this straight.  I did not "write to you"--I merely
responded to your public post on Ridecamp on this thread.  You didn't HAVE
to "name" who you were referring to--you made it perfectly clear by
slamming CMK in your post, and stating that "CMK breeders were mean" and
then backtracking.  Gee, Bette, only three of us posted to this thread,
among the hordes of rank-and-file riders, and you've made it clear in the
past that you get upset with me personally EVERY time I so much as dare to
share my experiences and observations on this subject.

And since you bring up history--have you forgotten that YOU are the one
who pursued ME and asked me repeatedly to critique your stallion?  I asked
that you NOT send me material, but you did anyway.  You posted me
privately multiple times, and when I initially refused to critique your
horse, you called that refusal a "shit shot."  (My, what a unique and
charming phrase--I still laugh about it.)  If anything is RUDE it is to
solicit a professional's opinion and then whine about it and call them
"mean" if you don't like what they say.  I have sent you frank and blunt
and honest posts.  That is not EVEN in the same class as "mean."  Quite
frankly, I don't have the time or the inclination to sugar-coat.

As for this thread--it was quite factual and civil until you interjected a
personal note into it.  Others (on both sides) simply stated their
experiences and preferences.  If you had something constructive to say,
why didn't you just do the same?  My contributions to the thread were not
"aimed" at anyone.  They were the summation of my own experiences as a
ride vet and a rider, my perusal of stats (which I've been doing for 30
years), and the application of the scientific studies of others to the
topic.  If you perceive that as being "mean" then there isn't much I can
do about it.  Instead of getting your panties in a wad because people with
considerable experience in the sport have experience and opinions that you
don't like, maybe you should take a step back and read the studies and
look at the stats and ask yourself WHY all these people have come to a
conclusion that you don't like, instead of singling out one that you
personally don't like and turning what WAS a rather interesting thread
into a slagging match.

Heidi