[RC] big south fork - Judie Ricci

We are going to Big South Fork too  ,, all the way from North Virginia,   we really enjoy this ride and have gone for 5yrs..  it is one of the prettiest rides.  there is a nice campground called Bandy Creek ,  1/4 mile from base camp,   if you want to ride the trails during the year you can stay there and your horse stays at a stable in a stall across the road, it is fairly cheap   and we sometimes stay there a few days before the ride just to get away ,  it is worth looking into for  a nice vacation with your  horses.    We do pad , some of the rocks and gravel can be a problem if your horses or mules arent used to going quickly on stones ,   It is a very nice multi day ride , a good challenge, different trails each day  lots of water  great vets and  very good food!     Yes  bring lots of  cutter back woods for you and your dogs,  they get the dogs bellies,   ;   the water situation is  BRING ALL OF YOUR OWN THAT YOU CAN   ,   there is a bath house you pass before camp where you can re fill your  containers and you do nee a hose , it is too far to lug buckets , so most un hook and drive containers down.   this is a  breastcollar ride all , well worth a drive,  lots of  camp space,  see ya there  Judie and Pete RIcci

Judie Ricci
Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.