[RC] Hoosier Daddy Ride Managers - long - GarnerT

Once I discovered the thread had turned into griping, I quit reading, so I
can't comment on particulars of this ride.  It's not in my region, so I know
nothing about it.

The thing that is bothering me is all the whining & complaining going on
about every aspect of a ride.  It's my understanding that these Ride
Managers were new to AERC.  This was their first ride as managers.  Cut them
some slack!  We've already had a very experienced RM here in the PS region
ready to quit because of the griping & complaining going on here.

No ride can ever be 100% thought out & planned.  Something will always go
wrong & you can never please everybody.  It's going to be too hot, humid,
cold, rainy, snowy; trails are going to not marked enough, overmarked,
vandalized.  Sometimes the dinner after is going to be crappy, cheap,
nonexistent, on your own - whatever!  There's not enough water on the trail,
they wouldn't let me sponge out of the trough, my horse had to drink from a
creek & he doesn't like to, the water smelled, tasted funny.  The terrain
was too steep, flat, rocky, sandy, soft, hard!  Good grief!

Get over it!  This is endurance.  Do what I do.  If you're not pleased with
the ride, don't do it again.  Ride according to the conditions.  If you have
some positive feedback for the Ride Manager to help her/his ride, give it to
her/him personally in a nice way.  Yes, it's hard to wait for results,
especially if you're new to endurance, but they will get them in as soon as
they can.  I would rather have the results in accurately, & if it takes
time, that's ok with me.  Perhaps some of the riders didn't fill in their
entries correctly - that might be taking some time to correct - is it
possible that happens??  Ride managers might want to input some info on that
statistic here!

I don't know the people who put on the Hoosier Daddy ride, but I'm sure they
did their very best for the horses & riders & I'm sure they will use the
positive feedback for their next ride (if they haven't been completely
demoralized by Ride Camp).  They had my vote from the get-go for their great
name - Hoosier Daddy - had to love it!

The only time you'll hear me complain about a ride is if they don't have
enough water on the trail for the horses.   I don't complain on Ride Camp,
but if someone asks my opinion about that particular ride, I will give them
my thoughts.   Most everything else I can deal with!  I use problems I
encounter on rides as a learning experience, whether I caused the problem or
not!

Kathy Garner - PS Region

P.S.  What's that logo - shut up & ride??

My motto is not to say sh-t if I have a mouthful!