Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2004 9:36 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Horses!!! stop with the height

Hi Erin
This debate has been going on a LONG time on ridecamp and what you are
saying about personal preference is what many of us have already said.
The funny thing is.... the ones that I've experienced to be the meanest
and loudest in their protests about tall horses, saying they have a lack
of substance... lack of stamina... lack of oxygen from their heads being
too high in the clouds??!!?! are a handful of CMK breeders (not
referring to the majority of CMK breeders) who produce solely smaller
horses. Coincidence? ;-) I have never heard people on ridecamp who ride
taller horses or breed a variety of sizes (like me) bash smaller
horses--- just the reverse.
As I've said before, my favorite horse until he passed away was only
14.2 because the older I get, the closer I like being to the ground,
despite my 5'7" height, which was tall for my generation. Yet, when I
said on ridecamp that my 6'5" husband only felt comfortable on a 15.2
and above horse, I actually had someone there (no names although most
know who it was) intimate that there was something psychologically wrong
with his ego.
So my dear Erin, you unwittingly backed into the tempest. Just get a
good raincoat, an umbrella, and emulate Gene Kelly and sing in the rain :-)
Have a good night and put this overbeaten topic to bed
Bette and Bunny (15.2 and still growing but Mom has promised to ride me
next year anyway)
PS My DWR filter is still on so don't expect any further rebuttals :-).