[RC] Sore Back - Tshuck64

Hi, I have posted on this subject before but here goes. I have a 10 yr old arab gelding that stumbles and slips in the hind end at times. I finally worked up the nerve to take him to the vet.. I just knew she was going to tell me he was crippled, (stifles or hocks). To my suprise she said he moved beautifully and joints and feet checked out fine.(no xrays) She did find him sore in the poll and the loin area. I have an appointment with the chiropractor. This would make sense that back pain is causing the stumbling because it is very intermittent. He is also a bit lazy and tends to gawk around.. I was going to attend a 25 mile ride saturday and am wondering if I still should.. It may be my last ride of the year and the vet said to go for it. I would take it easy (it will only be our 2nd ride) but dont want to do it if it would be too hard on my horse. Also am wondering about passing a vet check. Any suggestions?