From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Ridecamp Guest
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2004 8:26 AM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] Illinois Dept. of Agriculture Number

Please Reply to: Tess Searcy morabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or
ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Does everybody know that you have to get a number from your vet
to cross Illinois state line????  This was started to regulate
where the horses were going to & coming from to halt the spread
of diseases, possible terrorists activity, (spread hoof & mouth) or worse.

I had heard about this but it used to last for 30 days, now you
have to have this number 72 hours before you leave.  For those
riding in Illinois this can become a problem.  Some camp grounds
are wondering where all of the riders are.  If you decide on the
weekend lets go train at such & such trail & it is just across
the line into Illinois you don't have time to get this number
from your vet.  Can everyone see the problems this is causing? Or
could cause?  We all need to be calling, writing to the proper
authorities, departments to get some change here, it is & will be
effecting our riding of the trails.  What if some of the other
states decide to incorporate this, like Kentucky??????  Also
remember you have to get this number from a veterinarian.  We
already have to have coggins & health certificates, do you see
vets charging a fee to issue this number, at the last minute, they could.

Just some thoughts for everyone.

Tess in Indiana