Re: [RC] Hoosier daddy ride-thanks RM! - Truman Prevatt

Actually the trail was marked in a completly redundant matter - which was explained at the ride meeting. You come to a point where you can go one of three ways. There was a sign that said which way to go and there were signs with a "X" indicating which way not to do on the other two options. For some reason the vandals didn't seem to figure this redundant system out and while they may have torn down the ribbons they didn't bother the plates with "X" marks. On one stretch of trail that was vandalized, I simply used to "do not go this way" to navigate the course and it worked just fine. Before I went out on the last loop I did pull out my may because I heard how hard it was to follow and people getting lost.

Yep there were plates down and yep there were ribbons on the ground but the plates that indicated where not to go were sitll up - and went on our merry way.

The only issue I had with the ride is being a tried and true Purdue man who bleeds black and gold, it was just too damn close to that other school in Indiana that passes itself of as an institution of higher learning ;-)!

Truman

Jon.Linderman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I disagree that the trails were improperly marked.  I rode the 50 the same
day as your wife.  Te trail markings  were vandalized, not improperly
marked, and I did (God forbid!)  take out my map at least once.  You've
progressed (or regressed) from bashing the RM's for essentially a trivial
private issues between you and them, to informing us that one of the more
esteemed trail guru's, Jerry Fruth & his helpers, don'tt know how to
properly mark trails?  You know even if it was true I'd be a bit careful
maligning a fairly decent sized guy who rides a stallion with a big old
machette strapped on his saddle.

jon

--
"It is necessary to be noble, and yet take humility as a basis

   "It is necessary to be noble, and yet take humility as a basis.

    It is necessary to be exalted, and yet take modesty as a foundation."