[RC] tie downs - larry Miller

Tie downs are for whoever needs one.  Had a 'hot to trot' horse that I always rode, including a 100, with a training martingale.  I had no control if it wasn't in use.  But I also was very careful about water with the martingale in use.  If I ever had to cross water that I considered not safe or too deep to my liking, the reins came out of the martingale.  But then again, I had a snap right in front of the saddle that I could have unsnapped in a pinch.  There are always horror stories so one just rides smart or at least attempts to ride smart.  Jeanie