Re: [RC] Hoosier daddy ride-thanks RM! - Jon . Linderman

Look I have no qualms with people being upset w/various aspects of rides
not going perfect  but frankly anyone who takes the time out of their busy
schedule to put on a ride deserves our praise.  As an endurance community
we ought to say "hey, how can we help you" not griping about what we did
not get.  I'll say it again to Ken & Edie, and all their crew @ Hoosier
Dady, thanks for the effort!  It wasn't perfect, but they provided an
opportunity for alot of people, myself included, to enjoy riding and
competing that weekend!  I made a point to tell his wife the same thing on
my way out becuz it was easy to see they were stressed.  I mean whats more
important, the chance to ride or getting another goofy shirt and some
illegible scrawlings from Dr. Mike.

I know the Keesies only casually, but they are wonderful folks.  I told Ken
days before the ride "thanks", because being trail boss for several rides
last year & this year I see the stress RM's go thru & it sure isn't worth
it when people b&*^ch about every detail.  So I told him he'd get my thanks
in advance.  So Dave although I've never seen you work at any rides maybe
you do or maybe you have, if you aren't part of the solution, you are part
of the problem.  If you cut your list of rides to only those that go
perfectly its gonna be a short list!

I am also tired of hearing the reasons why people assert that their
situation is more pressing to leave rides prior to awards ceremonies than
everyone else's: work, children, church, etc.  Well, those of us left in
camp are not all independently wealthy, childless,  un-employed, God-less,
single horse owning heathens. And for God's sakes did anyone have a shorter
trip home than you two?

I make no secret of the fact that if you come to rides I am working at,
rides I leave my wife and kids to work at, rides I take timne away from my
career to work at, rides my horse usually has to sit out because I am
working, and you bring me less than your "a" game, that is "a" for
appreciation, you won't find me easy to deal with.  You gripe at the RM I
work for and you are likely to get an earful at the very least.  You gripe
at me when  I've just missed my daughter's birthday to mark trail for you &
you will suffer my wrath!  It'd be a hell of a lot easier for me to just go
to rides I want to ride & say I am too busy to help out my club and my
sport, but then I am not being a very good community member if I do that.
Search your own conscience Dave, if you are helping out the sport in
everyway you can, then fine gripe, but do so in private.  Publicly
castigating decent people who gave you two a place to ride isn't cool at
all.

jon