Re: [RC] Getting in the trailer - Carol

<The consistently worst mistakes I have seen are:

<1. Using force  If you use a whip or a butt rope as a "go forward" cue, you
<are trying to annoy the horse into moving, even a little bit.  You are not
<trying to hurt, scare, or force movement.  Lots of "natural horsemanship"
<books videos show how to do this.  Clicker training should also work, but I
<don't do that stuff.

Ed, I don't agree. You're dealing with a thousand pound animal. You need to be in control of him or he will walk all over you. Too many people are not dominate over their horses. These are the ones  that are getting pushed all over the place by their horses. The horses have absolutely NO RESPECT for them.
Carol