RE: [RC] RE:Could have been a bad accident - betndez

I do grease the ball for my gooseneck, I also wipe away the old dirty grease first, then apply fresh grease.  Question:  How often should one replace the ball just to be on the safe side.  I know there can be metal fatigue or perhaps flaws that aren't apparent to the naked eye.  The thought of that ball breaking while towing that heavy trailer fully loaded is enough to give one nightmares.

Betty Edgar
There is controversy about grease on trailer ball.  Some authorities say the sand and grit that gets on the ball, sticks to the grease and wears the ball faster.  Others say grease it.  Take your pick, but do inspect.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser