RE: [RC] [RC] white legs - Lif Strand

At 03:12 PM 8/18/2004, Erin Clutter wrote:
That is true...white legs(pink from their skin) are more tender and sensitive, but don't worry about is "too" much.

I've always been curious about the science behind this and the assertion that white feet are softer. What is the difference between black skin and white, black hooves and white, other than the pigment? Is it true that pigment has some properties that convey toughness and hardness to tissues it is in? Could anyone provide me with the science for the white/black sensitive/tough notion?

   Lif Strand      fasterhorses.com
           Quemado NM USA