Re: [RC] Drugs - Ed & Wendy Hauser

".... i just heard people are taking their horses out of camp sites the night before rides so they can IV Electrolytes before a Race...."

This is one of those things that causes me to wonder:  "Would this really give a horse an advantage?"  Would one of the vets give an opinion on this.

My guess would be that by the time the race started, the hydration and blood electrolytes would be the same as in my horse who quietly spent the night eating, drinking, with proper added 'lytes.  Another problem is, the IV site could not be shaved resulting in an increased chance of infection.  In any event the detection of a needle mark would be another bit of evidence of an invasive procedure.
\
Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road