[RC] Drugs - goearth

Lets call a spade a spade, and its the Ace of Spades.  Endurance lost its innocence i'd say around 1993 or so when money became an issue with people and Endurance Horses started selling for the big bucks.  A basic trait of Man is greed, and greed makes one push envelops towards money and its acquisition.  I have soreness and pain and know when i ingest a drug or a supplement that affects motor function and relieves pain.  I also know when a drug is ingested into one of my horses.  Some tho like absorbine, which can not be used at some rides, is not a drug to me but at some venues i've traveled is.  Heck, i just heard people are taking their horses out of camp sites the night before rides so they can IV Electrolytes before a Race.  Where we came from in this Sport is not where we are now.  The Age of Innocence has past and that is sad, and AERC has its hands full trying to keep up with the constant medicative changes. The current approach is straight forward and simple enough for me to follow its adherence.  tom sites