Re: [RC] [RC] Horse Identification - Truman Prevatt

In a fire emergency (as Sue G pointed out) or a hurricane, registrations numbers will do you absolutely no good. Again in Andrew they had an entire race track stables filled with horses anong with portables in the infield and just a handfull of volunteers to serve them. They had to patch up the new ones that came in. They had to care for the ones that were there, feed, water, etc.

Many of them didn't know a horse from a donkey or maybe even camel - much less an Arab from a half Arab, TB, QH, TWH etc. There is not time to say, "hey that looks like an Arab to me do you thing that might be a registration number on his neck why don't I take a half an hour to find a phone book and see if I can find out." They can feed 20 horses by the time they do that and that is what they would do since they are going to be there to midnight feeding the ones they have as it is.

The only number that really makes much sense is a phone number - better a cell phone number so that voice mail will still be there. Given our numbers belong to us now, maybe branding a phone number makes sense.

But even you you have to spray paint it on, in an emergency such as a fire, hurricane, etc., get you phone number some how on your horse.

Truman