[RC] marking horses for disasters - oddfarm

If you have the clippers that are used for around the face, (the smaller kind) shave your number (or farm name or initials, anything unique) on your horses butt or neck. Grease markers can come off, so can halters. But if some sore of ID is shaved on, it will be there for a while. Make sure to get a picture of your horse with the ID markings as well.

We are SOOOOO glad the hurricane missed us as the pictures of the damage is unbelievable. We are in Pinellas County, one mile from the beach and were the target for landfall until that fateful turn. Our other barn is 7 miles east as well as our other business and they both would have  been hit very hard. A very serious hurricane, indeed. Unfortunately, most of the people who evacuated our area, headed right to the areas hardest hit.

Lisa Salas, The Odd FArm