[RC] Tevis last week-hurricane Charley this week! - Cowgirgoof

Hi ALL,

I don't know how much more excitement I can stand! Haven't even been home from Tevis a week, and here this hurricane comes charging down on us!
So darn the luck- we live in a double-wide mobile home, and long about 3 or 4 pm yesterday they say it's coming straight for south Lake county and Orlando!

Fortunately, my hubby had to work "ride-out" crew at Disney World where we both work, and I was able to go to my best friend's mother-in-law's place seven miles away. (she lives in a nice brick home that ain't going no where in a hurricane!)
We lost all power during the worst of the storm about 7:30 pm while eating dinner. The trees were bent over double and it was obvious we were getting wind gusts upwards of 100 mph.
So, other than worrying about our animals and such, it was kind of nice to spend an evening the old fashioned way just sitting around the living room chatting and telling stories... By 10 pm, the storm was over as quick as it started, and we were able to get a good night's sleep. The guys ran down to my farm to check on my horses and our mobile home. All was well.
Power was still off in the brick home this morning, but sure enough, it was on in our mobile home (the difference between Tampa electric and Sumpter Electric!). We also see on the news that the worst damage was done in Lake Wales only 45 minutes south of where we are.

I was off work yesterday, so the main thing the hurricane messed up for me was that I was planning to type up my Tevis journal. I'll be working on it in the next couple of days and I believe Teddy from Runningbear tack will put it on her website for those who wish to read it.

Ya'll take care and stay out of the path of those hurricanes...

Becky