[RC] I had a wonderful time. - Marinera

I very much want to publicly thank those who helped me go 98.5 miles on last
Saturday’s Tevis Cup Ride. My appreciation goes first to Tammy Robinson and
her generosity in loaning me a sweetheart of a horse, TR Tarrah Miss, one of 5
super TrailRite horses in the ride.  Tarrah carried me smoothly, willingly
and sure-footedly  over the toughest trail and gave me peace of mind by eating
and drinking at every opportunity. My heartfelt thanks go to the 6 members of
Team Slow Poke—Kathy, Dede, Cherie, Kristi, Ali and Katie who cared for
Tarrah
with total devotion at the vet stops and post ride while Bob cared for me. And
the gals from Canada, Pat and Fiona, made the Michigan Bluff stop look easy.

I enjoyed every mile. Well, maybe the last ten weren't too great. The trail
that I have beaten for many years, beat me into physical exhaustion.  I very
simply was not capable of reaching the finish line.  I made it to Robie Point
because Lori Stewart was willing to sacrifice her ride to try to help me
continue.

At each ride, we learn a new lesson.  At this ride I learned that it is not
fair to the other riders to jeopardize their ride due to my personal goals and
I will not put anyone in that position again.  Lori finished in time after we
joked that she had come in first before so it was time she learned how to come
in last.

The Tevis Cup Board of Governors pulled off a truly first class ride and I
thank them for giving me the opportunity to once more view Lake Tahoe at dawn,
to admire the brilliant wild flower display of the high country, to stand my
horse in the cooling waters at the bottom of El Dorado Canyon.  I praise the
nameless volunteers who helped me as the moon shown down upon a very tired
rider
with a still fit horse.

I had a wonderful time.   Julie Suhr