[RC] Why High Flying Planes Keep us Less Cool - goearth

Yes, i am deemed a nut-case here.  I remember when i posted the potential problem of West Nile Virus to RC and people thought me nuts and someone asked..."Could this be a problem".  Ti responded..."it very well could be."  Check the Archives.  Well it seems to be i'm the only one in the choir on something that affects everyone on this list in some way all over the world...the Weather, whether you are a rider, breeder,  farmer,  ride manager or crew .  The old timers who say that the weather has always been erratic do not take into consideration the effects of modern society upon this Mother Ship.  In the 17 May 2004 issue of Time Magazine on page 18 is an article entitled  "Why High Flying Planes Make Us less Cool".  To sum up the article it says..."NASA says there is  an impractical way to turn down the heat.  Ground all the jets because of the condensation of jet exhaust and the creation of cirrus clouds which hold in the heat.  The only way to prove the point is to keep the jets on the tarmac.  Thats what happened in 2001 for 4 days when all the USA jets were grounded.  During that period, the swing between daytime highs and nighttime lows sometimes measured more than twice as much as usual, perhaps owing  to a reduction in cirrus clouds that allowed collected solar heat to radiate away."  On NPR there was a story about the Amazon Rain Forest  being the Lungs of the western world.  Well guess whats happening to our lungs?  There is not just one problem,  there are many problems.  During the last Ice Age there was ONLY a 9 degree Temperature drop.  Whats my point in this?  Please, take care of this Garden of Earth.  Thank you, tom sites