Re: [RC] horse pulsing down - Ed & Wendy Hauser

"... your mare with B-1 which acts as a calming influence, maybe at the half way..."

Rule 6 alert.    It is my understanding that to get B-vitamines into the blood that quickly, they have to be injected.  That would most likely be considered "medical treatment"

Rule 13 alert.  It is possible/probable  that enough B1 to calm a horse would be considered to be the administration of a normal substance in an abnormal amount.

My suggestion is to take this horse to lots and lots of gatherings of horses.  For example: shows, gymkhanas, organized trail rides.  Eventually the horse will calm down, or you will decide that it needs another job.

Ed

PS: This post is not to be construed to be an invitation to start a discussion as to the reasonableness of either rule 6,  rule 13, or whether any particular possible violation of either could be "detected" and if not detected/detectable would/would not  still be wrong or prohibited.  If I am wrong about the necessity/desirability of vitamin B1 injections, I really do not care as I have not and will not use them.

Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875

ranch@xxxxxxxxxxx