[RC] horse pulsing down - larry Miller

Karen, you might try dosing your mare with B-1 which acts as a calming influence, maybe at the half way.  And the more experience she gets, the better she should be.  Also camp as far away from the vet area as possible so the 2 horses cannot feed off each other.  Get her use to your signals for calming down and relaxing too.  You will have to figure out what will work, for my horse, stroking her face, rubbing her neck, crooning (all my friends shut up), rubbing her ears, all those signals tell her to relax.
The other thing to consider is go to a ride without her buddy and then see what happens.  Then you will know for sure that having a buddy in camp and not on the ride is the problem.  Jeanie