[RC] - Celia Schwartz

Hi all.  I have been having a problem with my horse getting a cramp in his right hind side at rides.

I have had some advice from the farrier, including "bringing up the backs of his hind feet" and wedges to change the way his back muscles work.

I was also advised to cut out grain two days before a ride and increase minerals.  This horse is really hard to keep weight on.  He has had his teeth cared for, is being fed grain, beet pulp and calf manna, and extra salt before he travels.  He doesn't drink well when traveling, no matter what I do.

My hunch is this has more to do with nutrition (or lack thereof) than conformation or shoeing/trimming angles.

Any insight?  Thanks.

Celia