Re: [RC] Skito/Loin rubbing and Equipedic - CoolBack - TypeF \(Jackie Floyd\)

I have two pad systems I'm using, one is a Skito with a Dixie Midnight under it and the other a CoolBack pad. At first I just had the Coolback and loved it. Until I started riding in the summer. Both my horses have gotten "heat bumps" or something after a ride using it. Don't have that problem in the winter. I use two different Boz saddles, one with just foam on the bottom and the other HAD foam with sheepskin on it. That one slipped. And they were way old anyway so I purchased new foam pads without the sheepkin layer. It doesn't slip anymore.

The Skito pad came with the second Boz I purchased used and it also slipped on the Boz with the sheepskin layer (with or without the Dixie Midnight pad under it) but it doesn't now with the new non-sheepskin pads.

I like both the pads for their ability to keep my horses' backs from getting sore, no matter what saddle I use. However, I can't use the CoolBack pad in the summer which is kind of ironic since it's supposed to keep the horse's back 30% cooler, if I remember correctly.

:) Jackie, Tank and James Dean