[RC] Big Horn Feedback.... - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Katey Gies Heart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cindy,
My husband and I completed the Big Horn 55 on Saturday, and this was our first
trip over that way for a ride.  It was somewhere around a 10-11 hour drive for
us.  We loved the ride, thought it was the prettiest country we had ever ridden
in.  Bill Stevens took pity on us and hauled our stuff out to the vet check.
Having ridden many Duck rides, we *assumed* that someone would take stuff out
to vet checks, but as usual, some kind endurance samaritian will usually help
you out when you are clueless.  (Of course, Tom Noll may never help anyone
again, but that is another story.  <g>)

Typically, it is not in our budget to travel that far for a one day ride, but
this trail IS spectacular.  However, it seems like it would make sense for the
ride managers to find some way to provide a ride for crewbags to vetchecks.  If
I went again to try to ride the 100, my husband would go to crew for me.  If he
didn't *have* to crew, then he would probably ride, therefore, providing
another entry.  It would seem that even with the remote location of the ride
(in relation to population centers) that the ride would get many more entries
if they could only find a way to get the crewbags to the vetchecks.  The meals
they provided were great, but I can feed myself- I just can't get my crewbag to
the vetcheck.

Please don't take offense, this is just my .02 cents worth on how to make it
more feasible for more people to enjoy this beautiful ride.

Katey Gies
Twin Falls, Idaho

PS...Jeanette's daughter was asking for copies of the photos I took of the
trail, do you have her email so that I can send them to her??  Thanks!