Re: [RC] Buying/Selling/ Saving $$$ - heidi

I have SAVED thousands of dollars buy owning horses. I honestly think if
we listed it all out I'd be WAY in the "good".

Expenses horses have saved me:

Prozak:  I'm guessing it's expensive but thanks to riding I don't need
it.

Drug rehab for my kids:  Very expensive, but my kids don't have time for
that, they're outside fooling with the animals.

Lawyer's fees:  Unlike most people, I've never had to pay for a divorce,
probably because riding keeps me mellow. I've also never murdered my
children requiring a defense attorney...also due to riding.

Getting my nails done: I'm amazed that pretty much everyone I know who
doesn't ride does this, and was THRILLED to find that my sister-in-law
spent as much on her nails as I do on my horses's shoes!

Shopping: Seems all my non-horse acquaintances spend more on the
"bargains" they find when they shop every Saturday, than I spent to have
a horse to keep me busy that day.

Jewelry: Can't wear it, might get a finger yanked off.

Too funny, Angie--and so true!  I look around at all the stuff that other
people buy and it boggles my mind!  I can't imagine "done" nails, or
jewelry, or any of that stuff.  Haven't been to a hairdresser since I got
out from under my mother's thumb.  Or new cars!  Geez, I'd be afraid I
might scratch the darn thing!  I can pay most of the bill at the feed
store for what some couples spend eating out once a week.  And I probably
eat better for having a plebian diet.  I can't imagine working with some
of the sets of nails I see out there--gracious!  Or putting a helmet on
some of those hairdo's!  (Or WEARING some of those clothes!)

Never mind that I have to WALK to do chores--better cardiovascular health
and all that.

You're right--the horses save me a whole BUNCH of stuff--not just money!  <g>

Heidi