Re: [RC] [RC] Horse Buying/Selling - Jody Rogers-Buttram

One point that we really haven't brought out is location, location, location.  In some parts of the US, the horses will bring a better price.  When you live the middle of Walking horse/Quarter horse country, people have no use for Arabs.  I will still stand on this:  I will say that my horses are as nice, well behaved, atheltic and competitive as any that I have personally seen at rides.  And yes, they will make for long career horses that can run with the front bunch if asked.  I just  don't ask it very often, because I would prefer to have them last a long time.  Miles are miles, speed is speed and it all does add up.  As far as the price of endurance horses are concerned...yes the price has gone up in the last 25 years, and as the sport grows, it will continue to go up.   The more money that is introduced into any sport is the beginning of down fall for the intrigity of that sport.

Lif Strand <lif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
At 07:12 AM 7/20/2004, Jody Rogers-Buttram wrote:
> This is what I have been trying to say...just cause they cost a lot,
> doesn't make them any better, than the "finds" that are out there.

True that mere cost doesn't make them any better, but when they *are*
better and they do cost more, it's disheartening that people still want to
pay 10 cents on the dollar.