[RC] Fireworks river crossing - sandy . l . holder

I have some pretty funny pictures from last years Fireworks ride at the river crossing.  My horse is willing and pretty trusting but we hadn't done much in terms of river crossings.  I 'thought' it might be a good idea to pull my legs up so as not to get my feet wet (they wouldn't have as it turns out he's a 15.3 boy and the water isn't that deep).  Anyway, after we entered the water, I slid my legs up in back to keep them from potentially getting wet.  The pictures of my horse's reaction speak VOLUMES!  The photographer was having a field day watching us with his camera.  Thank God Tally only decided to try and LEAP through the water (straight) instead of REALLY freaking out!!!  I can e-mail them if you're interested. . . pictures speak a thousand words.

Needless to say I 'learned' not to 'think' without practice again.  On the way back, I kept my feet where they are suppose to be and he walked through the river like a proud gentleman (can you say: DUH!!).

Thanks,
Sandy