[RC] Good People - Jim & Drin Becker

I just came home from a ride I had went to last weekend and would like to share a few things with everyone here on ridecamp . So many times we DON"T hear about the really good things some people do as ambassadors to our sport . This was at a 50/100 mile ride in the mountains and NW rider Tom Noll was leading the 100 mile ride which he had done before over the same trail and on his same horse . He came to a wilderness trail that had been overlooked and had not gotten marked , Tom was riding with a GPS unit that had the trial on it from the year before , knowing that the 100 mile riders behind him did not have that advantage Tom stopped along the trail several times and made arrows with sticks for the following riders to follow to get them through this tough section . I talked to a couple riders that followed his arrows and they said they would of never found their way if it hadn't of been for Tom taking the time to do this . At this same ride I saw Sue Horne Mtn Region rider commit to help a first time Big Horn 100 mile rider  beat the trail . I also saw Bill Stevens Mtn Region rider and ride manager who was crewing for his family step up to the plate and be  pulse taker when the official P & R people did not show up at a check . I am just glad to be riding with and be friends with these type of people .
                                                         Drin Becker
                                                         Mtn Region