Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.1683 - Barbara McCrary

California is a very expensive state in which to live, and certain areas are much more expensive than others.  The median cost for a house in Santa Cruz County is something like $650,000, and this is just an average nice house.  The really "elite" ones are going to at least 1.5 million and up......

Barbara
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2004 6:57 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.1683

In a message dated 7/18/2004 5:31:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ridecamp-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Let's say it
only costs you $75/month to care for a horse -

This must be a California thing.  No way I spend near that and I have had 4 for years.
Horse I am currently riding in competition comes close counting years shoeing and vet care. but my feed bill is about $40 for all with lots of good pasture except for 3 months or so haying ...I buy that locally probably averaging $60 a month for the 3 months.

Susan