Re: [RC] Horse Buying - Jody Rogers-Buttram

Ok, I am not saying that all endurance owned/marketed/sold horses are bad.  I just haven't personally been willing to trust maybe.  Or, maybe I look at from my own point of view....I have good ones, I have good ones coming up....and I am not selling mine.  I think the whole point of this thread as been the following:  It takes a lot of time/money and down right hunting and pecking with the chickens to find a good endurance horse.  That is the reason I raise mine.  Not everyone can do that, I don't own a stallion, don't want to own a stallion....but I pick them very carefully to breed my few select mares to.  I don't raise babies every year.  I have one along about every 3 to 4 years.  Just enough to have a new one growing up.  And they are out of proven mares.  Just like Maggie pointed out, I know all about their problems, shots, worming, habbits (good and bad).  So, I am not willing to shell out the big bucks for a horse that I feel that I am having to take a chance on...I know, I know, I am taking a chance on mine as well, and I have a lot of money in them too, but I know the "chance" better.  It is a security blanket....maybe not the cheapest one, but it works to calm my fears.

Jody and all the Jet girls!
(Four of them off to Kentucky 2 day this weekend!)

Do you Yahoo!?