Re: [RC] Horse Buying - Maggie Mieske

<For that reason, I will NOT buy from an endurance person, call it whatever,
but the way I see it, if the horse was that good, why would they sell him.
Of course there is the occasion that it really is a good horse, and maybe
just not being used or they have too many.  Good luck in finding those.>
I am currently training some Mashallah horses and will probably train one or
two a year for them from now on.  Just like the ones we raise ourselves, I
KNOW WHERE THEY CAME FROM... I know every shot, every worming, every
accident or incident that might affect them mentally or physically.  I know
the personality quirks (that come from the genetic lines)...the one I am
training now is a half brother to Malik and behaves exactly as Malik did at
four!  It's amazing.  (His half brother, Mykal never behaved that way so go
figure).  I always thought Malik behaved that way because he was a
stallion...it's just little mind game stuff, tossing the head and little
challenges that once we work through them and I win (I always win), he is
fine and away we go down the trail.  Malik used to do the same stuff!  So,
now I can tell Nelson SEE...it's is NOT a stallion thing (the one now is a
gelding) so it would NOT change Malik's personality if I gelded him (and
that may come to pass but we'll see).  But what fun it is to watch this new
horse trotting off, ears forward and head up (but not too up...we just had
that discussion) looking to see what is next on the trail and what is over
that hill!  :)  Anyway, I forget my point... these horses I am training will
be for sale and at some point, we will have to sell some of the horses we
have raised so I am one of those endurance people that you SHOULD consider
buying from.  :)  I have decided though that training a horse for the
endurance trail (not my own) is NOT a labor of love and Ward's aren't paying
me nearly enough!!!  :)  Heeheehee!!!  It is tough work, camping and
teaching them all those little things that Max and Malik take for granted
and that we have forgotten might be something a new horse needs to know!!
Anyway, while it's cool, I am going out to ride my experienced horse...I
have had enough of 4 year olds lately!!!  :)  Here I come, Malik!!!
Miles of Smiles,
Maggie Mieske
mmieske@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://arabianquest.com/samaha_arabians.htm
"So many of our dreams seem impossible, then improbable, then inevitable."
Christopher Reeve