[RC] Flat croups (rides2far), and MY answer to a scammer - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Laura T lit@xxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Angie, do not ever EVER consider a horse with a flat croup.  You know better!
No no.  Those are weak.  And they will not get you up and over the hill.  Just
say no to a weak, flat croup.  Also, never breed to a stallion with one either.
I consider a flat croup a major conformational flaw.  MAJOR in my book.  Fine
for the halter crowd though, I guess according to them.  Along with flat
croups, post legged horses are not good prospects either.  Which I have seen
recently several of those.  It is sad because you will see horses with
mismatched bodies.  Arabs that is.  A halter front end, and a performance rear
end, or visa versa.  Both front and back need to match.  Use caution.  Ask
yourself this question:  How many high mileage horses have a flat croup?  If
there are some out there, ok.  But if you look at your high mileage horse, and
the ones that have been written about in the EN, when you see their picture
there is a consistency in their conformation.  Well at least I noticed.

Ok, now for the scammer situation.  I had one email me last march on a QH I had
(have) forsale.  Here is what I sent back, and dog gone it, they never got back
with me.  Sorry, I got a bit carried away in a bit of a fantasy when I wrote
them back.  First is my reply, and below that is what the emailed me.  I
recognized it right away, and got a bit ticked, so my fingers went a flying.
The horse price was originally $2500.  Here is what they said.  I sure had fun
with it.  I am dissapointed they didn't get back with me.  My business/finance
brain got going, and going and going. :-)

Back to lurking.  Oh, read the below.  Oh, if you are interested in the gelding
and are a scammer, PLEASE send money asap.  Or, if you are honestly interested
in my 3 yr QH gelding, email me privately.  His name is Pokey. LauraT

Hi thanks for your interest in my gelding John Marles (the buyer?s name).  He
is a wonderful animal, you are getting a quality horse, worthy of your
investment.

Since this wonderful investment of a horse will be shipped overseas, and due to
the fact that AQHA's are a such a scarcity in your area, I will have to be
charging a premium on this horse.  The new price for this fabulous gelding is
$45,000 US currency only.  I will require a certified check in that exact
amount, made out to me.  When the check has cleared in it's entirety, then the
horse can be shipped with the shipper of your choice.  If you choose for me to
pay any extra monies to any third party, there will be a premium and a service
fee charged by me to *your* current original cost of this beautiful AQHA
gelding.  For each and every $100 owed to your third party I will charge you a
very good price of $45 for each and every $100 of the cost to be paid to your
third party.  That works out to be $145 for each $100 you owe.  That will work
out to a minimum of $45,000 plus the extra monies owed to your third party.
There is also a one time handling fee on any total amount of money owed to your
third party, and that will be $500.  I am so sorry, I am not flexible on that
price, nor the terms.  Your shipper must handle all international paperwork at
his or her cost, and you will be responsible for those costs, not me.  No
shipping cost shall I bare.  I am doing you a great favor of loaning you extra
money for the repayment to your third party person.  I sure you understand that
about imports and exports and levied costs upon the buyer.

Since the horse is going overseas you will have to incur the costs of having
him vetted for international shipping.  Once again, this cost will not be free
to you.  You will have to pay vet costs, and all associated costs.  Which
includes travel to the appropriate vet.  The vet work I know, since I have
shipped horses overseas many times, will be $3,500.  The travel time for the
mileage, I charge a $1,500 dollars a day for shipping of one horse for a
private buyer to any of my horses.  Once again, I will have to have these costs
paid upfront in advance, all monies must clear my account before the horse may
be vetted.

This is a really great gelding.  You will be evied by all who see him when you
are riding him astride.  He is such a nice horse you should be able to sell him
for the money you will have paid into him in no time.  If you should sell him
in one year from date of shipping him, I will require a trainers premium.  It
is all in the contract you must sign before I am able to take any of your hard
earned money from your accounts.  For each and every $100 US that your buyer
pays I require 50% of the buyers purchase price.  If the horse goes for meat
then there is a 95% pay back to me.  Like if he is injured for some reason, and
has to be slaughtered.  This will also be in the contract.  You must first send
all monies, the checks will have to clear, then you will be sent a contract.
As soon as the contract is signed, the horse can be picked up by your shipper
at any time.  Remember to figure in all other costs I have stated above, and
the total amount of the check should reflect those costs.  I repeat:  the check
must clear my account before you sign the legal contract.

If you are interested still, I will need a check made out to me right away.
And as soon as the monies have cleared my accounts, the horse will then be
ready to be shipped.

I have 3 other buyers coming this weekend, and 2 others next week to see this
wonderful gelding.  Please act quickly.  If you are able to get me a check for
$45,000 plus any extras monies you want me to hold for you, to me by fed ex,
and the money cashes quickly, I will be able to hold him for you, and you can
sign the legal paperword afterwards.  I am not taking deposits, cash money
talks, and the horse will be yours to have and to hold.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

Best Regards

Laura Maria Jose Cortez Valdez
Criminal Prosecutor For the US Attorney's Office, no. 436 district
PhD Forensics, Phd in Law Degree from Harvard, Graduate of 1991.
A Graduate of the Culinary Institute of America, CIA, 1990.
A graduate of Harvard Business School, Masters In Business, 1990.

Licensed in 35 of the 50 continuous States in the USA, (not including
Hawaii)and also including 4 Providences in NW of Canada.  Here to serve,
protect, and prosecute for the public since 1991.

Breeder of Fine Equines in the USA.
Imports, and Exports in Goods and Services.

We are interested in buying your above mentioned Gelding at advertised
rate.
It will be picked up from your location for onward shipping to London.
Cost
and modalities of shipping to be born by us.

Payment for the purchase is by check through a debtor in US. The debtor

owes us higher  than our purchase. He will therefore be sending you a
check
for $5,000 to cover the cost of our order, as well as the Shipping
costs.

On receipt of the check, you will cash and deduct the cost of our order
.The
balance you will send as we would instruct you to the Agency that will
ship
the Goods to us. If this arrangement suites you fine, please send us
your
address where to send the check, as well as the name to be on it. Also
send
us your phone number for easy communication.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

Best Regards

MR.JOHN MARLES.