Re: [RC] feeding for the cold weather (Susan G?) - Elkenchild

I just heard a vet lecture on winter feeding last night. Horses are much cooler animals, our forty degree weather is about seventy degrees to them! Only increase feed if temp is at zero or below, and hay is the best thing for it. We feed beet pulp and oil in the winter as well, but he thinks it's not a necessity! Blankets aren't essential either, but if you start the season with one, don't remove it mid season. Don't worry, they are hardy! Laura

Laura Applegate
"Drop kick me Jesus, through the goal posts of life."