[RC] Horse Trailer disappointment - Karen

Brand suggestions??????
Does anyone make quality any more???
Paddi

Hi Paddi -- I'm sorry about your bad trailer experience. I love my trailer, it is a 4-Star.  I've had it a little over a year now, and have not had any problems with it.  The quality and workmanship have stood the test of considerable use in the last year.  It did take me a long time to decide on brand, and then of course ordering all of the options.  It was worth the time to do the research though, and if I had it to do over with I would not change a thing.  From going on cross country XP's, I learned what brands I did not want.  When my husband bolted on my bucket holders and haybag holders he commented about how the aluminum siding was super thick and doubled compared to our previous trailer.  The two best options that I got and think are wonderful -- the WERM floor, and the low-down handles on the drop down windows (so I can reach them from the ground).  One thing we did notice when we did look at trailer lots full of trailers is that many well known brands would have several trailers in a row, and the consistency of workmanship just was not there.  From trailer to trailer, stuff did not line up, there were rough edges on a few, doors didn't line up, all sorts of things that you would never know if you just happened to look at one trailer.   All of the 4-Star trailer owners we talked to at rides were very positive about their trailers, a whole lot more so than any other brand.   If anybody is interested I can refer you to a dealer.  We did the whole thing over the internet, and it worked really great.  The only problem I had was realizing that I could have anything I wanted, and that I had to exercise some self control <g>.  Karen in NV