Re: [RC] Awards, the horse's perspective - Truman Prevatt

Jim,

At some point of time we have all or we will all be guilty of putting our ego ahead of the welfare of our equine partner. It seems to be a flaw in human nature - one our equine buddies don't posses. In most cases we will lean without a tragic outcome. However, the thread of life is thin and fragile and sometimes we are not so lucky.  Don't be too hard on yourself - but you are right.  As far as I am concerned the main roll of the AERC is the protection of the horse.

Truman

Jim Holbrook wrote:

I didn't have the courage to be with Montana when the vet came to put him down.  But the night before he died, I fed him for the last time.  As I watched him polish off the last bucket of grain I would ever feed him, I wept.

That night, I got my horse's perspective.

I wonder if AERC should refuse to recognize any top ten placement for the same horse more than once within a 30 day time frame to protect that horse from abuse?

I know I'd trade every blanket, plaque and coffee cup I ever got from a ride for Montana's life back.

Jim Holbrook

--
"It is necessary to be noble, and yet take humility as a basis

   "It is necessary to be noble, and yet take humility as a basis.

    It is necessary to be exalted, and yet take modesty as a foundation."