Sent: Monday, July 12, 2004 7:37 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Truck/trailer

I agree with what Beccy said (would not tow anything more than two horse trailer with a half ton truck and personally would feel safer with a 3/4 tn)...but another thing to consider is that with horses, you are towing
"moving weight", in other words, do you want to be towing 3 horses with a 1/2 ton truck at the max of your towing capacity, and have a horse pitch a hissy fit in the trailer and start it bouncing and moving around?

I also feel we often underestimate the weight of our trailer loaded with horses, tack, hay, water, etc.  I would want to put the rig on a truck scale to be sure....
Karen