Sent: Monday, July 12, 2004 4:47 PM
Subject: [RC] Truck/trailer

 As many people smarter than me have said on this wonderful list,"It is not the pulling, it is the stopping." I have a 3 horse slant, Circle J, 1996. Not sure of the weight but it has brakes on one axle only. I am pulling with a 1992 Dodge 3/4 ton diesel. While the trailer brakes were not working, I wiped out the brake drums on the truck. I could still stop, but now I know the damage that I did. Very costly. With my trailer brakes working well, my 3/4 ton is good enough.  Not sure I would want anything bigger than a 3 horse bumper pull with the 3/4 ton. I would not haul with a 1/2 ton. It is defininitely the stopping. Beccy in Utah.