[RC] Shamrock/WY - Marlene Moss

Title: Message
We just got back from our first Shamrock ride in Wyoming - and it will definitely not be our last.  This was a really great ride.  Susie and her helpers do a great job putting on this ride - which is on a ranchers private property!  It is gorgeous, the trails are well marked and the prizes and meals are great.

I didn't get to do too much of the ride since my mare hit a rock imbeded in a road section early on, but I enjoyed what I saw.  My husband gave me the run down of the rest of the trail he rode - and he had a really excellent 2 days of riding.  His backup horse was really on (his primary horse is recovering from a silly slip in loose footing) and moved steadily up and down all the hills.  GPS showed 3000' of elevation gain.

Ridecamp was in a gorgeous pasture - I'm sure most horses thought they'd landed in horse heaven!

We met old friends and great new ones.  The first time riders were really taken care of (I donated a saddle fitting session and we spent 3 hours just talking about all kinds of things including saddle fit).  Ride management had cards for us to sign to thank the property owners, a tribute to a horse that was recently lost, a rider had a present for the ride manager for doing this ride for 15 years and someone even made a mention about the bravery of a rider that had gone off her horse and broke her back, but was back in the saddle and doing really well.

We left Sunday night after award and manage to hit Denver and other towns of northern CO during the best of the fireworks.  Not so great for my husband driving, but I think we saw 40-50 separate light shows!

All in all, the mood at the ride was wonderful and I can hardly wait to do this one again - and see all the loops this time!
Marlene

Marlene Moss
www.mphr.org (Mustang Performance Horse Registry)
719-351-5037 (cell)