Re: [RC] Shamrock/WY - Susan Young

The best I can do is second Marlene's rave review of the Shamrock Rides!!

This was our second trip and it won't be our last either.  From my farm in OK to ride camp and back, plus all the incedential driving, we clocked 3000 miles on the truck this trip.  Believe me, the Shamrock Rides are WELL worth every single mile we put on the rig!

While I was riding, Dad talked to ranch owner John Diltz.  What a neat man!  He and his wife are about my parents' age and they all talked like long-lost school chums.  It blessed me to see my parents enjoying themselves so.

I don't know who ordered the weather for the rides all 3 days, but that person can order my pizza ANY day!  The weather was just right...not too cold, not too warm, not too dry, not too wet...it was JUST RIGHT!  Even the lightening hit miles from us...although the thunder was REALLY loud in those hills the locals call "bumps"!

The only complaint I have is that ride management didn't have smores for the bonfire Sunday night.  She did provide beer all week however so I guess that's ok; I'll let you slide THIS time, Susie!!

Hope to see all my friends at Colfax and I'll see you in the "bumps" of Wheatland, WY, next summer!

Marlene Moss <marlene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We just got back from our first Shamrock ride in Wyoming - and it will definitely not be our last.  This was a really great ride.  Susie and her helpers do a great job putting on this ride - which is on a ranchers private property!  It is gorgeous, the trails are well marked and the prizes and meals are great.

All in all, the mood at the ride was wonderful and I can hardly wait to do this one again - and see all the loops this time!

Susan [Young], The Wicked Princess of Pink
Semper Obliquo (Always aside)

Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.

"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)