[RC] disappointed at a ride - rides2far

I was so excited!

This is a real bummer.  I don't know how it is in Wisconsin, but I've
been out west a little and there are definately regional differences that
are OK if you expect them. Ride managers often try to supply water at a
check in the east, but I can't think of a time they've provided hay, but
we are usually happy to share with each other (since nobody's horse wants
his own hay at a ride).

They generally tell you if there's an away check on the entry form and at
the ride meeting will point out a truck which will be going to the away
check. Remember that the person driving the truck is just taking it out
there and setting it out so you're going to lose time finding your stuff.
I prefer to drive out the night before if at all possible and set my own
stuff out. If you depend on a truck to take it out putting noticable pink
flagging or something like that on all your items will help them know to
keep that bag/bucket/pan together.

In the SE managers will often ask new poeple to raise their hands and
that helps the rest of us spot them and remember to welcome them. Then
they give a new rider meeting after the general meeting. I for one love
to meet someone who is new  because they're so enthusiastic that it
renews my enthusiasm...besides, it's a new victim who hasn't heard all my
boring stories yet. >g<

I honestly think every ride takes on the personality of its manager. Fun
managers have fun rides. Dreary managers have dreary rides. Let's pretend
this manager has had a horrible year and overcame all odds to put on the
ride and all the other riders were distracted, worrying about the mental
state of the manager whose life is falling apart around them,...as horrid
as it was it was a great personal success for this person...considering.
g< Somebody up around Wisconsin e-mail this woman and tell her which
ride will be fun. I'll guarantee you know of at least one...and while
you're at it volunteer to crew for her. :-))

P.S. At least it didn't rain.

Angie (totally sick of the sound of rain on a tin roof)

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!