[RC] Poor Mans Prayer - goearth

The mention of Invocation and the fact i was asked by some people to Marry them in the eyes of God next week because of "Stuff", they can't be married Legally, it got me to thinking of a Prayer i recited when i came back from Viet Nam and was working as a porter at a motel.  It was called 'The Poor Mans Prayer'.  "Oh Lord, who is the Hearer of our Prayers, who brings about the manner by which this nourishment is brought, We Thank You.  Tho by sweeping someone's floors and all the other things we do thruout the day to earn our pay, and at the end of the day our pay is that of a poor man, We Thank You Lord.  We Pray for others who are rich and not as fortunate as the poor, who get tired of eating things like this, We Thank you Lord...."  There are those that do not believe in the power of Prayer, but everyone who i have ever encountered at deaths door invoked this name.  Life is a pity because we only reach out in times of need and could do so much more for so many if we lived our lives like we are at that door. This Power is very simple to understand because it either is or it is not and that argument can be decided at the door.ts